As providers of fully integrated general and specialist cleaning services, we have made active changes in response to the Covid-19 pandemic, both in how we deliver our services and how we help our staff to work safely within buildings and high footfall areas.
Cleaning is by default, one of the most important actions we can take to reduce the possibility of infection and make the occupied environment hostile to virus and bacteria through sanitising and disinfecting as well as by taking recognised social precautions such as distancing, hand washing and wearing appropriate PPE for each relevant task.
To put into practise all new cleaning procedures, we need to work in very close partnership with all our customers to deliver a unified approach to safety that meets the needs of every person accessing any space within a building.
Working with Facilities Management teams and individual site health and safety representatives, we have gained a strong understanding of how our customers expect Coronavirus to affect their way of working going forward and how that translates into the services we provide for them.
Delivery in practise
- Health and Safety Executive’s (HSE) new safe working guidance for Coronavirus implemented.
- Working in partnership with customers to review entire site needs.
- Identify and action changes immediately.
- Supporting our customers with the means to create a safe environment for staff and clients.
- Ongoing review of current laws and Government advice.